• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMBUS isn't at stock...its below.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I switched my two P2 400s out of my mobo, and put a P3 1ghz into it using a slotket adaptor thing since my board is a slot, and the processor is a socket.

With my P2s my Rambus ran at 400mhz each, totalling 800mhz.(Rambus uses two sticks) When I through my P3 into there it kept the Rambus at 400mhz. Its PC800, so I expect 800mhz each out of them.

I can not increase it since it runs 1:1, and the processor isn't even really detected too well since it only supports upto 866mhz.

Anyone have any idea how I can put my Rambus upto higher speeds?

Are you sure you aren't mistaken? I thought that the lowest RAMBUS would run is 600MHz by default. How are you getting these numbers? Also, try to run some memory benchmarks and see if they are on par for your system.

I'm positive. I ran Sisoft and got less than 1gb/s bandwith. I was getting close to 2gb/s with my P2 in there.

could it be because I'm using a Slot to Socket adaptor?

Back