• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ok, I need your guy's help...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eysikal

Registered
Here's the deal. I have this problem and I need your guy's help in figuring out where the problem is orginating from.

When I restart my computer, the BIOS doesn't seem to recognize my CPU. (I hear the short blip and there is no CPU posted on the screen) However, when I hit the reset button on my case after it fails to load like this, the computer starts up normally.

This is a really weird problem and I have no idea what could be causing it. My friend who can usually help me out with stuff like this doesn't know what the problem is either.

I need you guys to help me troubleshoot this problem. Can you guys give me some steps to take to try to figure out what the problem is? That is to say; help me to narrow it down to the motherboard, PSU, CPU, whatever.

Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah,

I have all the latest motherboard drivers and have updated my BIOS to the latest release. I am running Win 2k Advanced Server with SP4 installed.

I got that when I removed the CPU for replacing my thermal paste.But I think it's normal.I entered bios,checked the CPU configuration,saved and restarted with no problem.
To you it happends all the time?

It happens to me too, but like L&M said, just going back into the BIOS fixes it. A quick suggestion would be to get a new MB battery if it happens all the time, and/or check to see if you have the clear CMOS jumper set.

yep, randomly my cpu goes to 1000 mhz and says its not set right...i just go into bios, save and exit, works fine.

Ummm, the CPU isn't detected at all whenever I restart.

Changing the bios setting does nothing for the problem.

What should I try next??

I've tried my friend's PSU and also his CPU and it still does the same thing.

Here is the weird part. I get the error blips and there is no CPU posted on the BIOS screen whenever I restart from windows, but now it will still load up as normal.

However I still get the random shut down from time to time with no warning, and no error screens in windows when I start it up after one of these random shut-downs.

It's weird because when it shuts down the screen goes blank and the fans all shut down, but the light on my case still shows it as being switched on.

Who knows...

Can I be sure now that it is my mobo which causing the problem??

Back