• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Innovatek's HTCS Convection Radiator - $329.99!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ehhhhhhhh.... Well it looks kinda cool, but not for that price. Frankly I dont see what benefits it will give cooling wise. There is just so much heat that can be dissipated through passive means. And generally in order to reach an acceptable dissipation rate you need far more surface area then that thing produces.

I cant even tell if the water goes up the columns or not. Certainly a waste of desk space.

It does appear to have the water rising into and returning down out of those columns .."dual flow internal system".

It's not really my cup of tea, but hey, the world is full of people with more money than brains.
It would be quite silent, but I certainly wouldn't use it on an overclocked system.

I can also think of at least 2 ways to make it for less (besides markup from two companies)....if I only had a mill.:D

Not bad, just not what I like. The blue/silver is purty though.

Holy crap, way to kill your pumps pressure... you'd send it in with a nice and steady flow and you'll get a mere trickle coming out. That's a lot of vertical travel =/.

Might be an issue for lower gph pumps.. but 300gph+ pumps shouldnt have a problem.

of course it depends on how the flowrate is in the rest of your system..

Well, what from Innovatek ISN'T expensive?

People would be better off building their own case around a passive sink setup by buying old audio amplifier heatsinks or test equip. sinks.

CGR said:
Might be an issue for lower gph pumps.. but 300gph+ pumps shouldnt have a problem.

of course it depends on how the flowrate is in the rest of your system..

GPH != Pressure
Pressure > GPH for 95% of every WC system.
That rad would kill the pressure of almost every pump we hobbyists use.

vonkaar said:

GPH != Pressure
Pressure > GPH for 95% of every WC system.
That rad would kill the pressure of almost every pump we hobbyists use.

I was more refering about the head limit..

Are they out of their minds?!?

The type of pump needed to push water around in that thing would be insane. Plus why not just build a huge bong and save yourself 300.00.

"As the picture shows, it's perfectly free standing! The 4 convection columns have at the upper end no visible tubes or fittings showing, e.g. hoses or other connecting pieces. The columns are connected only at the base by an extremely complex attachment technology, and cooling fluid guidance uses integrated dual flow channels inside the HTCS."

I dont think the coolant even goes up those things...

CGR said:
and cooling fluid guidance uses integrated dual flow channels inside the HTCS.

I think it does. It's probably just a simple divider wall that's extruded into the center pipe, thus the caps on the top would join them making them up one half and down the other.

It says they are only connected at the base though...

So it would have to go up then down in each tower before exiting...

Well, Innovatek has this fun way of putting really small fittings on everything and killing flowrate just by that, so, yeah... Go Innovatek?

sure looks perdy, but for $330 I dont think so!

Theres other ways to make passive things. thats not in my list:p

Jon

Yeah, it's only $95 for a 6' section of fin/tube radiator that's got much less flow restriction, and is all copper inside the waterpath to boot, at Grainger.com .

Back