• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kt880

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ludovico

Registered
Hi! :)

KT880 is out!:D Now let's hope that KV7II, ou another more complete mdl is released by Abit. One that includes 4 x SATA RAID 0+1. ;)

Also let's hope that the chipset has PCI Lock. :p

Best :cool:

SewerBeing said:
I still dont like via chipsets, how can they not put pci and agp lock on those... its just sad.
Hi SewerBeing, :)

What you're saying is true, however things are not perfect in either side. nForce2 is terrible in handling IDEs :eek: , which I think is even worse than Via's flaw. Also sometimes their PCI Lock is not that effective... I believe it's a matter of picking the one that bothers you less. :rolleyes:

BTW, I will be joining the club of your signature this next Sunday. ;) I'll upgrade to an Abit KV7, XP2500+ AQXEA 0331 and a couple of Cudas 80GB SATA. I intend to have it running at XP3200+ in daily basis! :D

Best :cool:

yay a new member but anyway, I have not had a problem with my ide's and I tend to have a lot of problems, but I think not having a pci or agp lock is a tremendous design flaw. Also I have never had a problem with my pci lock either.

SewerBeing said:
yay a new member but anyway, I have not had a problem with my ide's and I tend to have a lot of problems, but I think not having a pci or agp lock is a tremendous design flaw. Also I have never had a problem with my pci lock either.
I'm VERY glad you never had a problem! :)

Unfortunately people that are not as lucky as you are can be counted by the hundreds (thousands??). ;)

Anyway, the point is like I said before: one uses what pleases you most.:D

Best

Back