• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7VN8-deluxe won't shut off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SYT_Shadowfax

Hi. I have a 2000+ in the A7VN8 board with everything stock.
It was an upgrade using an existing box and PS.

I had to reinstall XP for it to boot correctly but now it's been working for around 4 months fine and dandy except for one issuse: when asking the puter to turn off (start->etc etc) it simply reboots. There is basically no way for it to turn itself off and I end up having to push the power button whenever I need to power down.
This has been going on for a while until booting up the other day I got one of 'em "corrupted windows files" crap and had to reinstall. I decided the problem must have been the old 300W PS so I went to get a new one.
At my local hardware store I got a nice fortran 350W with the 12cm fan. Nice! I just installed it but it hasn't fixed the problem!

The machine is completely up-to-date patch-wise so I doubt it's that. The copy of XP is the same one I have installed on the other 5 puters so it doesn't have any glitches.

please help me :confused: :confused: :bang head

The mobo isn't dead... it's ALIVE!! ;-) seriously though, that's pretty unlikely as it works perfectly fine with everything else... it should have more quirks but it does the rest fine.

One thought: I connected the little plugs for the front panel's on, reset, etc etc lights and buttons. Could it be that I wired wrong so that when the OS sends the mobo the signal to turn off it instead reboots?

I had this problem a while back try this To configure an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) device.

Open control panel go to Power Options select the UPS tab click the select button and slect none out of the drop down.

Systems are always different but this worked for me. :)

Back