• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! DFI Infinity Ultra

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Machiavelli

Registered
I was playing arround with different fsb and multiplier settings on my new 2400+. Picked one which didnt post so i cleared the cmos incorrectly and then couldnt get any power. So I left the cmos battery out over night and was able to post and get to bios but for some reason im unable to get to windows, I have tried re-installed windows on different HD's and even booting from the windows CD but with no success. I cant get past "verifying pool data" I get a "error loading operating system" message. Any help or suggestions are very appreciated.

Thank you

Hey I had the same problem . I went crazy switching parts and reformatting my hard drive etc. but the problem is a bios setting.
Under standard bios settings where the hard drive and cdrom drives are detected you should enter into the hard drive options.
There you will find "access mode" i think. In the access mode menu there will be three options auto, lba, and chs. For my western digital 7200 rpm ide drive the correct option is chs. I confirmed this with the hd documentation too. I think it defaults to lba on auto for some reason. Anyway I haven't had any problems since I played around with that setting.
If I set it to auto or lba windows won't load, the computer just stops after backing up the cmos. You might want to reformat and reload windows just to be safe.

Thank you julianba for the assistance. It seems like you described the exact problem im having. I have two seagate 80 gig 7200.7 drives. I looked on thier site and it said bios should be set to lba and umda. I set it on lba instead of auto. I couldnt find any adjustment for umda. Is it set that way be default? I'm going to format and give it a shot now.

Thx

Back