• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

noob overclocker needs help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fr33k

Ok so I have been messing around with the bios settings to get some sort of a performance increase over stock. My set up is as follow's. .l.........Asus a7n8x-e deluxe mobo, nvidia fx5200 vid card, amd barton 2600+ cpu, 2x 512 pc 3200 Kingston value ram running dual mode,case has been modified with 4 extra fan's, thermalright alx with a super noisey fan (lol). So heres my problem. After a full day of playing with the setting's, from past experiances off of this site and a magazine artical with the exact setup as mine I can not get close to some of the overclock results. here is the bios settings that I can get running stable on prime95

cpu freq 166 mhz
system performance user difined
cpu interface optimal
mem freq by spd
resulting freq 200 mhz
mem settings = optimal
sdram active precharge delay= 8
sdram ras to cas delay=3
sdram ras precharge delay=3
sdram cas latency =3t
fsb spread spectrum = disabled
agp spread spectrum= disabled
cpu vcore setting
cpu vcore= 1.750v
graphics aperture size =128 mb
system bios cacheable= disabled
video ram cacheable=disabled
ddr refrence voltage=2.7v
agp vddq volt=1.6v
agp 8x support =enabled
agp fast write capability = enabled

can anyone suggest anything I might have set wrong?

thanks for your help

cpu freq ---> as high as posible = better
if you can´t get the cpu-freq give the cpu-vcore some more, like 1.8v
and if the ram is good change it to 2,2,2,7 ...

and a nother tips is try to oc the video card, becouse that get you alot of more fps....

agp size = try 256 may give some more fps may not...

If your multiplier is 11, try moving the FSB up to 200, (this will put you at xp3200 speeds) then you can slowly move it up if you want to. You can also try changing the multiplier to 10.5 and the FSB to something like 210 and slowly going up from there. Your going to have to experement with your ram to see what it's cappable of doing. you might try starting off were your at 3-3-3-8 and slowly tweek it. It might do 2.5-3-3-7, 2-3-2-7, 2-2-3-7 or 2-2-2-7. theres lots of combo's to try. Some value ram overclocks very well while others do not. If your system won't post or becomes unstable you can try uping the voltage a little at a time. Just remember that if both the FSB and the voltage is cranked and your still having problems, one of the two must come back down. Also your going to need something better than stock cooling for a decent overclock. After your system is stable you can download NVHardPage at guru3d.com to unlock coolbits in your video card and overclock it. Hope this helps...Good luck!!...:bang head

Last edited:
arrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh. Keeps crashing at anything over 200 mhz have the multiplyer down to 11. I might go back to 166x 12.5 and play with the ram timing's

Well, the valueram might be killing you. Try using memnest 86 to test your ram,see if it is stable

cant get much out of it. Tried every combo in the book. my head hurts from working on it. Came to the conclusion that its either my ram or maybe its the cpu that doesnt like getting hopped up. I have it running stable right now with just a mild overclocking.

Back