• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

People w/ NF7 or NF7-S Version 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kfunk

Bottom right of the motherboard, there is a red and green light. They are both on when I have my computer running. Only the red light stays on when my computer is off. Is that normal?

so that red light suppose to be on when my computer is off?

Your board is operating perfectly fine. The red light on the board tells you that the board is recieving power from the power supply. The green light signifies that the board is powered up and running. Only the red should be on when your comp is off, and they should both be on when it is on.

CalsonicGTR said:
Your board is operating perfectly fine. The red light on the board tells you that the board is recieving power from the power supply. The green light signifies that the board is powered up and running. Only the red should be on when your comp is off, and they should both be on when it is on.

Calso is right. The red light is lit when there is power to the unit regardless of the pc being on or not. The green light will go on when you have the pc running. So your pc is working fine.'

blownsix said:
Yep the red led will always be on unless you disconect your power suply from the wall outlet.

Or turn off your PSU.

As said before the red light indicates that the MB is recieving power, and the green light means that its on.

If you are resetting your CMOS or making any changes to the MB dirrectly (changing AGP/PCI cards) you should wait till the red light goes off, otherwise you run the risk of damaging something.

Back