• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V8X Wont boot to agp HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

russm

i have a a7v8x with a 2000+ xp on it, 256mb of 2100, geforce 2 agp 4x card, ati pci 7200 card...

this is my problem, if i have the monitor pluged into the AGP card when i start the computer it wont even show the agp card as functional in windows, let alone display on it. the pci will display fine.
the pci will always work in any situation
and yes i have the bios set to default to agp and i still get the same problem, if i plug the monitor in directly after it boots, it will work fine.
also if i let it sit overnight or for a whole day, it will boot with AGP... thats only happend about 3,4 times.
and ive tried doing all this without the PCI card in, it doesnt seem to make a difference.

any ideas? same problems?

no, thats only if i leave it plugged in from the start, then the pci will work in windows and not show the agp.

if i plug it in like 5 sec after boot, it will work in windows and show both cards as being fine

Back