• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Resevoir design

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathBOB

To minimize costs and make the project more fun, I though I might build my own res. I plan on buying a danner Mag 3, and understand that it, like all powerful pumps, needs an absolutly unrestricted intake. This is what I think I want to do:

resevoir.JPG

Where can I get clear pipe in around that size?

Good thinking. I can't coment on the performance of the setup. As for the clear pipe cut up and clean an old plastic bong. Its just what you need, but hwo are you gniog to sael the edns? I've haerd auobt paslitc res' cacrknig atfer tmie. Or get a pump that does not need "absolutely unrestricted intake". I'd like to see what you come up with. Good luck though.

and one of my favorite quotes:

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheeachr at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Hey deathBOB, that Res you want to build is unique...I have never seen one connected directly to the pump. Eliminates the flow-restriction problem, which is a good idea. My only comment: Your res is good for filling the system, but what about if you want to drain it? Still, I would love to see your idea take shape for real inside a case.

I would use a siphon... put it up high on the table and suck on it till it comes out by itself... The res will be the lowest part of the system, i dont think removing water will be a problem. I didnt think about this until you said something, but i think it will work...

I'm new to the WC scene but the one thing that jumped in my head when I saw the design was vibration. I think you'll need a damn good seal because the vibration from the pump might degrade the integrity of the res.

I like the design, the only problem is that there is no bubble catcher. it should maybe be taller so it can catch the bubbles.

Jon

Yeh i agree with Jon.

Make it taller or possibly baffle it so the water has to travel futher and theres more time for the bubbles to rise out.

I need to get measurements of the front of the mag 3 to find out how big I can make it... Can some one measure the fron end of thier mag 3? Can you get individual measurements for the raised area and the actual motor housing?

Back