• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

honda_man

I just downloaded a BIOS update today but have never done one before. How do I do this without making my system nothing more than a highly expensive paper weight?

rtfm! :)

don´t have the system oc, but do like me max oc, then boot to dos then flash with all options on, worked fine (btw did this some year ago, when I did´t know better)

now I almost do the same but not to often, somewho I am just lucky or it is just easy?

Thanks for the info but I am not willing to take the chance as I have spent too much money building this system. Is there anyone else out there that can help me?

Dont update the bios unless your having problems with your current one. Especially if you arnt sure what to do.

its not that hard. and sometimes it will make things better overall. with my gigabyte board, there was a procedure to do with a floppy. with an intel board in another computer, you just ran a program and it automatically restarted and did the whole thing.

I have flashed my bios succesfully with help from Ghenghis-khan. Since then I have gone from 2.05Ghz to 2.07 Ghz. It is looking like some Mobo mods to go any further at this point. This Mobo is supposedly not supposed to be able to even get to 2.00Ghz according to some responses I have previously gotten from other members and I have already gone over that. Once I do the Mobo mod I will post how everything goes.

Last edited:
Back