• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help w/ HyperX PC4000

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Caviman2201

I'm no RAM junkie, so perhaps some of you guys can help me... I just bought a 512M stick of HyperX PC4000... looking at the label, I believe it's the Hynix chips... anyhow, I would think that if it's labeled PC4000, it's fully capable of any FSB less than 250MHz... otherwise, it's a bit of false advertising... For the life of me, short of manually adjusting timings (which i have no clue on how to do correctly) I can't get it to run faster than 210Mhz... I would think that with DDR500 RAM, i'd be able to essentially set it at 250x9 or so (to keep MHz & temps down) and be peachy... why isn't it working out like that?

I'm running an unlocked 2800+ on a DFI NFII Ultra Infinity with a 400W PSU... temps are in the mid 30s with Vcore at 1.7 and Vdimm at 2.7.

thanx

If you still had the chance, return that stick for something better. HyperX PC4000 is bad news for NFII mobo.

Or you can try 2.5-3-3-11, run memtest and slowly adjusting your FSB/Vdmm as as necessary and start over.

Back