• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB up to 255 only, help?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

i need help, with my current settings, im perfectly stable, but if i raise my fsb to 260 or 265, i get errors in prime95 after 2 hours any suggestions on my settings?

Could be that your processor simply doesn't want to go any further. Some CPU's are monsters, others just aren't. You can always try increasing the CPU voltage little by little, just don't exceed 1.7v... You could also try changing the memory divider lower or the memory voltage higher...

i have the same prob. highest FBS stable @ 240 and still some ramdom crashes !

what are good steppings for 3.0 and where to get them?

fist thing ive learned is that if you wanna o/c you need to set your divider to either 5:4 or 3:2 .i couldnt o/c very much at 1:1.Also you will have to loosen your dram timings and make sure to have the vdimm voltage at 2.85.im still a n00b at o/cing but ive definetely learned that ram has alot to do with how far you can o/c the cpu.my settings are stable and the ram is actually pretty tight as well so for me i have a well rounded gaming machine

ciku if you set your divider to 3:2 you could prolly raise your fsb higher.Also turn MAM and PAM off will prolly let you raise the fsb but its like losing one thing to gain another.
Ya ive been running these settings for awhile now.Have had a couple crashes but no biggie.lol.

Polargoat, i know.. u asked me with ur settings remember? lol
with my current settings its 29hrs Prime Stable so ill leave it like that.. although in a few days my new pc3500-1gb dual chan will be here so i guess i will have to alter by then :D

nope, i made sure that i dont need to do mods coz i dont like to do mods :D

Back