• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo choices with adjustable vdd?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ardent

Was looking for some insight from ppl with experience of any nForce2 board with this feature. Pros and cons etc.....

Need to buy a new mobo after zapping my 8RDA with static :(

Thanks, Ardent

Well the nf7-s is a good choice and has a very good o/c reputation. But the DFI Inifinity has been doing some incredible speeds lately and has higher voltage settings so it seems to be a better choice.

If I had fried my nf7-s while doing my recent mods I was going to replace it with the DFI simply because the possibility of 280 fsb is just too tempting. I may still replace it. :D

I looked hard at getting the DFI Infinity, but decided not to spend more money than I have to right now. I came very close to going Intel with a 2.4C and Abit IS-7 also.

In the end I got an Asus refurb for $49 at Newegg to tide me over till I decide where I am going to drop the cash for my next system.....A64 or P4. Waiting, like everyone else, to see how the socket 939 turns out :)

cant go wrong with the abit, imho its one of the best ocing boards available

got a soltek frn2l as well, allows higher vdd adjustment, but you can only get vdimm up to 2.8, and you can get 3 out of the abit due to it overvolting the vdimm

dfi seems like a safe bet as well, but i havent ever tried one of those so i wouldnt put my name to one

Mobo choices with adjustable vdd?
Was looking for some insight from ppl with experience of any nForce2 board with this feature. Pros and cons etc.....
Soltek SL-75FRN2-L 265 FSB Vdd 1.7 (adjustable Vdd 1.6v, 1.7v, 1.8v).
No cons, all pros... ;)

Back