• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 2500+ A7N8X-E DLX Bios Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Merdanb

Hello!I'm new in forums and need some help.
My system: Athlon 2500XP+ ASUS A7N8X-E DLX KINGSTON 3200 256x2 120Gb Seagate MSI 5200FX 128T
I want to overclock my cpu.But the best i can do is 1980Mhz.
My bios settings are:

CPU EXTERNAL FREQUENCY :180
CPU FREQ MULTIPLE SETTINGS :AUTO
CPU FREQ MULTIPLIER :11.0X
SYSTEM PERFORMANCE :USER DEFINED
CPU INTERFERENCE :OPTIMAL
MEMORY FREQUENCY :AUTO
RESULTING FREQUENCY :AUTO

xSDRAM ACTIVE PRECHARGE DELAY :6
xSDRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY :2
xSDREAM RAS PRECHARGE DELAY :2
xSDRAM CAS LATENCY :2T

FSB SPREAD SPECTRUM :DISABLE
AGP SPREAD SPECTRUM :DISABLE

CPU VCORE SETTINGS :AUTO
xCPU VCORE :1.65V
GRAPHICS APERTURE SIZE :64MB
AGP FREQUENCY :AUTO
SYSTEM BUS CACHEABLE :DISABLE
VIDEO RAM CACHEABLE :DISABLE
DDR REFERANCE VOLTAGE :2.6V
AGP VDDQ VOLTAGE :1.5V
AGP 8X SUPPORT :ENABLE
AGP WRITE FAST CAPABILITY :ENABLE

CPU is locked.When i change multiplier it doesn't effects current speed.
When i increase cpu external freq to 191 bios doesn't boot when i diseable the halt on option windows doesn't start and a message appears
"file missing" <windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe"
The temperatur observed in asus probe is 44-45 (i dont know if it is normal).What is the limit temeperature that cpu can work safe?
I dont have any information about ram timings.How must i change them?

What means MEMORY FREQUENCY :AUTO? What is the difference between MEMORY FREQUENCY :BYSPD

I'dont have any information about voltage? How must i change voltages and some other values when i increase external clock frequency?
I'm new in this overclocking world and need some help.
Thanks!

I would suggest that first you test your memory limits... Change your memory speed to 100% (must be done under user defined), and keep your timings loose while you find your FSB peak. Increase vcore to get stable FSB and test each increment (i'd suggest 5~10) with stability testing (Prime, Memtest).

Memory should be run at 100% in synch with your CPU FSB. BYSPD means running at JDEC factory spec (not necessarily best). Select USER DEFINED under SYSTEM INTERFACE and set your memory FSB to 100%. Resulting frequency should match your CPU FSB. For memory timings, select USER DEFINED and try loosening them up until you can be stable at your target FSB and then tighten them up.

BETTER COOLING is highly recommended - but your listed temp seems ok... please list cooling hardware.

Your CPU voltage is xCPU VCORE and is at default 1.65. This is what you raise to achieve stepwise stability with overclocks. Raise this value as little as possible to achieve stability.

44-45c at 1.65? I'd recommend to watch the temps as you raise your frequency/voltage, if your overclocking now try taking the side panel of the case off and putting the case on its side, this usually drops the temps a bit, do that just while your testing your system out, you can always bother about cooling later. Other then that, try timings 3-3-3-7 or 8 and raise your fsb up as high as you can, until unstable, then start putting more voltage into your cpu/memory, safe voltages are up to 1.85 on cpu and 2.8 on mem, you can go past these however you dont seem to have the cooling, the mem however could go higher but mem (depending on quality) seem to burn after a certain voltage, 2.8 not neceserily being that limit. Also change your CPU FREQ MULTIPLE SETTING to an 1/1 ratio.

I changed the memory speed to 100% and increase the FSB.The limit is 185. When i passed to 186 the computer reboot before windows starts.
I have no special cooling hardware on cpu.It is the fan that came with cpu.The case has additioanal 3 fan. The temeperature didn't change.Maybe the increment is 1 C. 44-45C...
Mr Rotary, when you said change your timing to 3-3-3-7
Is it?
xSDRAM ACTIVE PRECHARGE DELAY :3
xSDRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY :3
xSDREAM RAS PRECHARGE DELAY :3
xSDRAM CAS LATENCY :7
or
xSDRAM ACTIVE PRECHARGE DELAY :7
xSDRAM RAS TO CAS DELAY :3
xSDREAM RAS PRECHARGE DELAY :3
xSDRAM CAS LATENCY :3

?

The optimal value was 3-3-3-8
I changed it to 3-3-3-7 and increase fsb 190.
Will be good if i change to 3-4-4-8?
And increase voltage to 1.675V
Is it normal ?Temperature is 46C.
But what will be temperature under full load?Is it safe?

if your able to go 3-3-3-7 then stay there, its better then 3-4-4-8 "tighter" all of these number have to do with charge and precharge time's so the less time to charge the sooner the signal is sent hence "tighter" next, try to go 200 and up the vcore higher then 1.675v, your temp is fine, 55-60 is what you should watch out for.

P.S. check temps during loading of the cpu, its usually gets considerably higher.

Back