• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800XT temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daos

Registered
Hello all. im trying to get a good idea how much heat the 9800XT generates. i just put some watercooling on mine, and it did not seem to make much of a difference, as far as temps are concerned.

what are your temps?

Your watercooling your 9800 XT and not seeing any differance in cooling?

Is the rest of the machine water cooled too or just the graphics card?

I'm looking into water cooling my new machine before I put it together and have got some really good tips on what companys to go with one person recommand D-TEC whitewater. I contact Mark at frozen cpu about liquid cooling my major componets and the ball park figure I got was $250.00 .

I've water cooled before but it was a pretty simple kit {ICEBURG} and I had no problems with it that machine its still running strong {sold it to a friend} Some of the kits I've seen people list on here look complex some without a rez.....I may even go as far as getting a local company to put this one together for me. I've built 4 machines previously but reading some of the threads on here ...are giving me doubts and causing me to second guess my processes and ablity to put this new one together without blowing it up on start up!

previous machine was a

Soyo dragon plus
1800+ on a ICEBURG
9800 pro Radeon
Audigy X-Gamer
512 pc 2100 DDR
Maxtor 80 gig HD
3 case fans "daisy chained" 1 intake 2 exaust

Might I add that the room is very well air conditioned and generally close to where my PC was sitting.

Back