• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tweakmonster BGA Ramsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

Now they helped me gain 40 on my mem mhz, but is there anyway to cool them past that stage? Or is that as high as they are going to go? 391.50 Is my limit ( or 782 Mhz)

40 mhz is alot. most ramsinks usually only help at most a few mhz. where they help most is of secondary importance in helping to cool the chips when u overvolt them at like 3.2v. the overvolting is what gives significant increase in mhz and stability..

So is that it? Besides getting 2 more fans (I already have 3 running, I really dont want to put more in there) I get artifacts past 391, and my core doesnt want to go past 425.

OK, Ill start over.

Got a 9800 128 Mb pro.

Most I could get stock out of the video was in the 340's mhz. After I used some arctic silver thermal adhesive and the BGA ramsinks, I can now tip in the 390's mhz. My question is, is that it for cooling of the RAM, and have I achieved my max? Or will volting the ram higher yield more results from it?

And if volt modding will allow more, does anyone know where I can find some information on how to do it.

Need to check out the ATI video section or the volt modding section. I've seen links pointing to volt modding over there.

Back