• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Zerex

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hydr0 Styles

Well I went to autozone yesterday to get some Zerex...

I saw the stuff I needed to get, that "Zerez Super Protector" or whatever, but it said that it was for water pumps.

Not being sure if it was the right stuff, I got the normal Zerex Antifreeze.

Would just the antifreeze do me well for corrosion protection?
Or should I drain the system, get the water pump protector, and put that in there instead?

Thanks... I just got my parts, and I want them to last.

Oh crap, one more thing

I've heard that like one drop of highlighter ink does a good job at dying the water. Anyone recommend this?

thankyou much..

I heard that the highlighter ink will stain the tubing...

But if the effect I'm going for is blue UV reactive tubes in my system, I think having a blue UV reactive stain on the tubes would not be a bad thing ;)

i believe the protector is only an additive.. don't think it has corrosion protector. I've used the regular zerex antifreeze for over 1.5 years and my blocks are clean, no corrosion.

as for highlighter ink, it took me a few drops to get it to glow under uv, worked real well with the green zerex

//edit
i doen't think it will stain the tubing.. didn't stain mine..
if u have the cheap tubing (like from homedepot) even the zerex coolant will stain it. if u got clearflex, tygon, pvc, or someother good quality tubing, it should stain as easy.

I've heard blue highlighter ink doesn't work so well. I'm using yellow highlighter, and it glows a beautifully bright green.

Back