• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O/Cing,where do i go from here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peejay

Registered
Hi folks,i need to know if i can expect to get any more from this setup?Ihave an nf7s v2.0,xp1700 JIUHB DLT3C,256MB Corsair pc3200LLPT@2225,Vantec Aeroflow,430W Enermax,at the moment i am running 11x200=2.2ghz and have had it @205fsb,all are stock voltage settings except the cpu which i've had to up to 1.6v.I'm not a big gamer but would like to have as much processor speed as possible!.What things should i be doing next to push these components to their limits and is there any bits i could improve on?Thanx.

Try you memory timing at 2-2-2-11, 11 might give you more stablility at higher FSB and the NF7s are suppose to perform better at 11 for whatever reason. Also, if your trying to future out your mobos max FSB try all possible vdd voltages (1.4-1.7). Some run better w/ low, some like high.

Don't be offended by my next comment. I have no idea who's a nforce2 newb and who's not:

If you haven't already. Basically, first figure out your mobos max FSB by changing the CPU/memory devider so your memory is getting a FSB lower than it's stock (200mhz), and raise the memory timings. Then setting a low CPU multiplier and then up the FSB till your not stable (testing w/ prime95). Then after you think you found your mobos max stable FSB, set your CPU/memory devider to 1 (3/3, 4/4, 6/6) to see what your memory can do. Then after all that, mess around with your CPU multiplier. FSB is more important than CPU mhz. I would guess your chip will do anywhere between 2.2-2.5. Although I dunno how good the aeroflow is compared to the SLKs.

Hope I helped.

Don't be surprised if that divider manipulation causes instability at any setting but a 1/1 ratio. Ratios make things unstable, at least in my experience, on nForce2 boards.

What temps are you getting?

Back