• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FleshWound

I have just got a NF7-S Rev2.0 and i am getting nowhere fast.

Blank screen green & red light on all fans going. i have tried 2 x cpus and 3 sets of memory corsair 4000, twinmos twister 4000 & generic 2700 the branded memory gives of a long beep when installed and i get no beep when generic is installed but never get any sort of image on screen.

I have also tried an ati 9800 pro & geforce 3 TI500.

Anyone got any idea.:eek:

Thanks in advance

Just some ideas:

Reset BIOS w/ the jumper just above the battery (check the book for more info, if you need it).
Maybe double check to make sure that the ATX connector is ALL the way in? What PS you have? Are you using the 12V mobo connector as well?
Check HDD connections. My system didn't post when I was installing my SATA drive and I didn't have it plugged in. Weird.

Besides making sure all the cards are seated good, and the CPU heatsink is on... I dunno. RMA?

Thanx death

Have tried bios reset including taking battery out for 20 mins.
I tried with both psu connectors. i am only using standard ata 133 hdd on ide chain. (it's for my other half so she leaves mine alone :) ).

Not used to abit boards normally use asus but got a good deal on this.
PSU is a qtec 550watt.

Should i RMA it?:mad:

According to the beep codes sticky, that siren means improperly inserted RAM. Since it does this for some RAM and not others, it leads me to believe that you just have a bad board

Back