• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NFII Infinity BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gibletzor

I just built this rig a couple days ago, and i'm trying to get it overclocked but every time i try, i can get into windows and it'll restart itself after about 30 seconds. it's watercooled, so overheating isn't the problem. even at only 175 mhz FSB it's doing this.

BTW i'm running:
XP 2500+ barton
DFI NFII Ultra Infinity
1GB Geil Ultra PC 3200
Radeon 9600 XT

I'm pretty sure i have a locked barton too, since it won't even POST if i change the default x11 multiplier :(

Would a new BIOS make it a little more stable? if so, where can i find a new one besides the DFI website? i've got the 11/27 BIOS now.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

lol no it's not the waterblock. that was the reason the first time though. took us forever to figure out what was wrong, cause it was doing that at stock speeds, then the waterblock fell off. oops! but it's on there tight as can be now.

and thanks for the link. i'll check that out
also, which of those is best to use?

Last edited:
Well i don't know what happened, but now it's letting me overclock. i'm doing it in small jumps right now, just to be safe. i'm up to 182x11. still with the 11/27 BIOS. <shrugs>

guess something just wanted a little more time to settle in lol

Back