• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best ram for abit NF7-S V2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you just got the board recently, then you might want to look into some good Winbond CH5 RAM (something like Corsair XMS). I have read from many sources that the newer versions of the NF7-S have been optimized for CH5 RAM instead of the higher performing BH5. If it's an older board, try and find some BH5 (Mushkin Level II, Kingston Hyper-X 3200 Non-A) or BH6 (Mushkin 2-2-2 Special, OCZ PC3200 EL Limited Edition). Eother of those two chips will work well with the older 2.0 boards.

My 1GB Buffalo PC3200 (Winbond CH-5) overclocks quite nicely in Duel Channel.... 227Mhz @ 2.0,3,3,7 with 2.9 volts. life time garantee :D

512Mb sticks for $81.... from HERE

Buffalo.jpg

Last edited:
nice, i'll check it out.
ty for the reply

the best timings i can get with the ram i have now is 2.5 3 3 7 and it is clocked in at 420mhz with 2.7volts

i have gotten to 230mhz but its a lil unstable, maybe i will hold off on the new ram and see what i can do with this. my board now (see sig) only goes to 2.7 volts for ram, and the abit board i am planning on getting will be able to go more so maybe i could get it stable at 230mhz or even lower timings? but that's of course if my cpu can handle it.

Calstonic, where did you hear that the new Nf7-s boards do better with ch-5? I bought my board on January 3rd, 2004. Do you know the date cut off on that? My 2x256 mushkin lvl 2 pc3200 bh-5 does well (220X11) prime stable with 2-2-2 timings. However, my new set of 2x512 mushkin pc3500 bh-5 is only getting me to 215 FSB prime stable. Do you think some new Corsair Ch-5 would go higher on my board? Thanks.

Last edited:
I've been eyeing this for a while, but I have no idea what chips are on there. The BH-5 (lvl2) is $70 more.

Edit: This might have some potential as well, but no one in the reviews mentions overclocking.

Back