• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual t-lines=nice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
today I ran dual T-lines for the first time, and I must say it really sped up filling and bleeding.

I connected them a Y-connector which worked really well, it was conveniant, and air could come up one side of the connector while water went down the other side. Really helped speed up the process.

I made up a picture in paint too, but I don't know how to attach a bmp file.

I have win2k and you can indeed open up a .bmp, do a "save as" and select .jpg in the default "paint" program.

The two "T" line is a good idea. I wish I had a second one on my set up that I just put a "T" on, but I don't feel like draining, changing, refilling, re-bleeding, etc. now that I finally have most of the air out.

Just to clarify, are your two "T" lines in different points in your system? And instead of the regular T shape attachment: _|_
you have a "Y"?
.......|
___/ \___

(The lines on the side representing your tubing...The dots are just placeholders so the vertical bar is aligned) Kind of like that?

sandman001 said:
Windows 2K doesn't have that option, wish I still had Xp installed.

Not quite, I have two T-lines, one right on the outlet and one on the inlet of my rad. I then connected those two T-lines with a Y-connector so that there is only one fill point.

It makes it so air doesn't get trapped in the radiator.

sandman001 said:
I have two T-lines, one right on the outlet and one on the inlet of my rad. I then connected those two T-lines with a Y-connector so that there is only one fill point.
So you have a flow path that bypasses the rad?

Thats what I was thinking too. It seems weird how there is a bypass for the rad. I asked him to clarify where his pump is located in all of this.

It's like MR-B's setup, except I connected thos T-line with a Y-connector.

you just can't fill it up all the way, or yes it could bypass the rad, so you jsut fill it to below the Y.

Where is your Pump? if its before the rad then, doesn't the water try to escape from one T to the other? I still can't imagine what your setup looks like

The 2nd T is exactly what sandman's 2nd T is for. You fill from one of the T and all the air comes out of the 2nd. Really, an excellent design for filling if you have the room and design for it.

i would take a picture if I could.

but, I can't.

It reall yis a good setup, and I think the Y-connector is coming off, more problems than it's worth.

I've been considering a similar setup (suggested by someone else on another forum, I'd never be able to come up with such an idea myself) for a while, except with a T-piece at the lowest point as usual for filling/draining and one at the highest point (after the CPU block but before any other block if appropriate?) for bleeding.

Would this work, or is Mr B's setup equally efficient for bleeding?

Back