• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron PX845PE Pro IIs and 800 FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Albuquerque

Testing my "old" board in preparation to sell it to a friend, along with my SL6RZ running at an easy 3ghz and an old cheap PC3200 256mb stick of Kingmax ram... I told him that I'd let it burn in for 24hrs before I gave it to him, just to make sure.

He asked about upgrade options; if he could put any ol' Pentium 4 chip in there to include the "new hyperthreading ones". Hmm, dunno about that... But you know what, I have one, and I'll slap it in there and check it out for you and let you know.

Strapped my 2.4c into the slot, booted her up on the stock heatsink and she came to life at 1.2ghz (100mhz FSB). Manually set the FSB to 200mhz, locked down the AGP/PCI bus, made sure the memory was at the proper timings and at 2x multiplier, enabled HyperThreading, set all voltages to stock and rebooted.

Came right up at 2.4ghz like it should, booted into XP as it should. I swapped out the HAL files for Multiprocessor ACPI, rebooted again and it came right up detecting both processors.

Let two instances of Prime run for 24hrs and all is well! :) Quite nice for an 845-based cheap board if you ask me... Onboard sound still works fine, LAN connection works fine (hell, I'm using that machine right now as I type this) and neither drive is having any issues. I'm using the following setup:

PX845PE Pro IIs BIOS 1.10A
SL6Z3 M0-stepping 2.4C retail on the stock HS/F and 1.525v
Kingmax 256mb PC3200 running at 2.5-7-3-3 and 2.6v
ATI 9800 Pro (stock AGP voltage, stock clockspeed)
Western Digital 80gb 8mb 7200RPM drive Master on IDE 0
Liteon 48x/24x/48x CDRW Master on IDE 1
Onboard ALC650 sound, onboard 3Com 10/100 nic
Also using a USB cheapo optical wheel-mouse and a PS2 keyboard

Temps on the northbridge reporting at 32c; ambient room temp at 28c, and CPU at full load reading at 48c.

I can push it as far as 2.5ghz (209fsb) and it runs fine. As soon as I select 210fsb or anything higher, it can no longer boot into Windows. No complaints from me :)

Not sure who might gain from this info, but thought I'd post it :)

Back