• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help Badly...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ciku

I am desperate of getting a ram... with my current rig, what is the best ram (2x512 Dual Chan) to use? budget is $200 :( help!

its gonna be hard to find a gig of good ocing ram for 200 bux, but ill give u my secrets...if u wanna run 5/4 with tight timings look for some kingston valueram at cc or bb. check inside the box for bh6 chips. if u catch it on sale you can get a 512 stick for $65 bux with rebate.. that comes to 130- to 180(depending on rebate) for a gig of memory that is very comparable to the muskin lvl2 special( which we know sells for alot more than 200.00). if you're lookin for some for some good pc4000+ 1-1 ram go to komusa and check out their pc4200 hyperram a gig sells for $238 with a free choice to uprade to the adata chips( get the upgrade). secondly check out ebay, u may find someone hard up for cash, look for the ocz pc4000 dc gold, if youre lucky u might find some who is willing to part with a gig in the low 200's lastly u can also do the cc, bb route i told u about already and look for some bt-d43 chips on the pc3200 512 sticks. these chips are legendary for running 250+ especially with higher voltage. anyway thats my secrets for finding low priced good ocing ram. now remember the reason you pay alot for the muskin ocz, corsair stuff is that its guarenteed to run fast, when u do it my way you are balancing an expensive sure thing for an inexpensive maybe sure thing.. goodluck flapper...

Back