• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

agp/pci locks for socket754

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbaerg

Registered
All right everybody,
Todays date is Feb. 15. Could we get a comprehensive list posted here of any and all socket754 boards that DO have PCI and AGP locks. If you're unsure if the board does/does not have locks, please don't list it as it will only add to the confusion. THanks for the help in this matter.

Tom

very interested in the subject myself

come on ppl, someone should have experience with those...

It was to my knowledge that they didn't have any yet. I wouldn't take what I say to any credence though, I don't really know much about the socket 754 platform.

I was under the impression that the aopen ak86-L did have pci/agp locks. They were still verifying this, but someone said that the chaintech and shuttle boards did this as well. Hopefully someone will have some good news for me.

Tom

as of right now no pci lock for the a64,the pro via chipset is going to have pci and agp hopefully,as well as the n3 250 pro we will see.

what i am puzzled about is that in some places, and here's one of them:

http://www.dugu9tweaks.net/guides/a64oc/index3.html#step4

they say, and i quote:

" One thing about increasing HTT speed on these nForce3 boards: the AGP/PCI lock sometimes "breaks". At certain OC, when I change the HTT speed in ClockGen, I notice that my AGP and PCI clocks get changed for some reasons, although the BIOS value is set to 66MHz. No worries, ClockGen can change it back to stock 66MHz/33MHz. Just something you should be aware of."

that's the one place i bookmarked but i saw some references to the phenomena :) (a $15 word, thank you ) :) several times.

still a mistery or they don't know what they are talking about?

i know, but does that mean that if using "software overclocker" he can use pci locks? wouldn't that imply that the locks are in fact there?

It would seem so, my understading of ClockGen is it runs of the ICS clockgenerator chip on the board. But the BIOS could get in the way of the clockgen working properly. Check out the last 10 pages or so of the PC-DL thread on 2cpu. The BIOS only allows up to 165 fsb (for the time being) but people with the new board revision that provides a locked PCI and AGP bus can be clocked up to 190 or so using Software overclocking.

Yes it is. I was using it as an example of how Clockgen may work better than BIOS overclocking in a few instances.

oh, i see. sorry, missed your point there in the beginning. thanks a bunch for the info, disk11.

So, can one use a software OCer to overclock an A64 Via board, as well as apply PCI/AGP locks?

Wouldn't that be a more efficient way of overclocking the current Via boards?

It seems to be the way, if indeed the BIOS is overriding the AGP/PCI lock. But I wouldn't take that one site's word for it, check around and see if anyone else has done it.

Remember, if the OC is too much for the system using software, you risk corrupting windows and any other open programs, so make sure you take care.

true that, disk11. remember the good old days of pushing pci bus above 40MHz? buying all the parts that can take high overclock? guess i am just lazy... or got spoiled with all this fancy modern stuff :)

I'm still there for the time being, as I own 3 p3 boards:) So most of my cards were bought with that intention. I can't wait for the NF7-S to come back from RMA though.

Back