• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WC re-do: some help on the pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brojoh

Registered
Hey all . . . I'm re-doing the wc sys complete on my rig and would like to get some input / feedback. I've used an (external) Eheim pump in the past but am considering the Swiftech MCP-600. It does away with the need for the external connection and that is sounding attractive these days.

I am going from self designed/fabricated sys. to mostly Swiftech components so, there is that "cool blue" factor as well. ;>) If I could get input on merits of same - that'd be great. Thanx.

BroJoh

The MCP-600 now that it is all sorted out is an excellent pump with a very high head. It would be a great choice for an internal pump.

What Eheim pump do you have? You could always just bring it inside your case and give it a T line.. or if you want a new pump but want something cheaper I would go for a Hydor L-30.. I just got one and I am very impressed with it, hardly any noise, compact, good price and pretty powerful.

MCP600

- Excellent quality
- Quiet
- Lots of head
- Great support (BillA watches this board)

It's not cheap, but it's a real nice pump.

Feedback is always good

Thanx for the feedback . . . I'm currently using the Eheim 1046(!) pump. I've had it online for a long time - several mobos and cpu's ago. Actually, the "final recommendation" I took before buying it was Ed's, in one of his stickys - but that was several upgrades ago and I'm now in a SOHO case, XP cpu, 3500XMS memory, yadda, yadda, yadda. The pump is several years old - probably 4, at least! Yikes!

I really like the idea of NOT having a seperate connection for the pump - it being integral in the sys. I just wonder if there are drawbacks which I'm not aware of yet. Anyone know of any?

Thanx for the input . . . it's always helpful to hear how the other side of the yard is seeing things. 'Preciate it.

BroJoh

Last edited:
Back