• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Infinity ultra II soundstorm?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LoPaN

Does the Infinity ultra II use Soundstorm for audio like the Abit NF7-S does? If so I will buy this rather thatn the NF7-SV2, also because from what ive rea the DFI motherboard is so much more stable and better at high FSB. I am going to pair it with a Barton mobile 2500+ with Geil PC3200 ultra 2x256mb.

I used to have a P4 2.53 and an Abit It7Max2, it had realtec onboard sound, thing is it wasnt as good as my old Sound Blaster live value, is the Inf Ultra 2 onboard sound better that my old SBlive value?

Last edited:
I personally prefer the SoundBlaster Live! over SoundStorm. Some people will say the SoundStorm is better, but a SoundBlaster Audigy 1 or 2 will beat the SoundStorm. As for all three of the SoundBlasters, its less stress on the chipset. Some people's SoundStorm does funky things when overclocked.

I ordered the Infinity today, plus some Geil memory and a Thermalright 900a heatsink. I allready have a mobile 2500+ sitting in a box here waiting to be overclocked :D

Now the waiting game begins Ughhhhhhhhh

Some people will say the SoundStorm is better, but a SoundBlaster Audigy 1 or 2 will beat the SoundStorm.

I have used Soundstorm on my LP revA and Audigy Platinum in the LP revA, A7S333, and A7M266D (I actually have 2 Audigy Platinums). There's no comparison. The Audigy uses more system resources and CPU time (5-7% w/mmjb using Barton 3200+ with Audigy and exact same setup with soundstorm uses 0-1%). The sound quality of the Audigy SUX compared to the soundstorm in ALL cases (snap, crackle, pop anyone?). I don't speak for the Audigy 2, but what a pile of crap Creative came up with here. Then they say that it's 5.1 compatible, but won't play a single game in 5.1. Then they don't update they're driver until THG does it for them (over a year)!!! I'll be doing my best NOT to buy anything manufactured by Creative. Sorry I have to rant but I wouldn't want anyone to be mislead into my mifortune of buying 2 expensive JUNK sound cards.

Psyko

Turtle Beach Santa Cruz wastes them all in everything if u ask me =)
I would not trade this sound card for anything.

Back