• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

couple questions about the NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

I am building a system with this board, first question is can i use de onboard RAID with IDE drives or only for SATA drives?
second question is, i have a 2400 and 1800 to put in this, it will be a custom case with air cooling at its finest. The 1800 is AX1800DMT3C AGOIA0226SPDW. the 2400 i don't know, but it tops at 200x11.5/12. wich one should i use?

emilio

You can use the RAID with anydrive, but you'll need Serial to IDE adapters. I'm using the SATA Controller for my main drive and it's a boost from the IDE. I did a small test of moving a few files around and boot time. SATA was faster by like second or 3 sometimes.

Only the SATA channels can do RAID.

If you are lucky you will hit 1900mhz on the AGOIA --> Its a Pally Core.

The 2400+ will deffinatly be faster.

As long as we are on this, i might just ask: is the only difference between the NF7 and the NF7-s the onboard sata/raid?

The NF7 doesnt come with onboard SATA support, onboard Firewire support, and it doesnt come with the Soundstorm audio system. It just uses normal 5.1 onboard sound. Other than that, they are both the same board.

Back