• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Matched Pair??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Drop-Top

I am getting a 2.8c and I need some assistance in a memory decision. From what i gathered I can prl get 250 fsb with pc4000 memory. here is my question, I have a buddy who works for best buy and can get me two unmatched sticks of 2x512 kingston hyperx pc4000. I can get them for around 240 after tax which is about 60 cheaper than zip or New egg. Should I get them from BBY, or get it matched online for 60 more, or get something else entirely.

drop-top

i say get em. 60$ off is rockin, and the whole "matched" thing is kinda a joke anyway. the worst that can happen is a rma to kingston.

BT-D43

Try and find some kingston value ram with Hynix BT-D43 chips. You dont have to get a matched pair and they should do 250Mhz for you no prob. I found PC3200 and it runs PC4000 speeds.

musk

Back