• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-s instability problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doxymoron

I just purchased an NF7-S, along with 512mb Corsair TwinX512 LL. Im running an athlon 2500+. Now, when I run at the standard speeds, everything is fine....I can run memtest and prime95 with no problems at all. When I try to run at 3200 speeds though, I can get windows to boot fine with a little boost of voltage...but prime95 locks after about 2 seconds. Also memtest gives me errors. My temps are only in the 40's, which is why I first thought it might be the memory. I tried fooling around with timings, mem voltage, running one stick at a time, changing slots...everything I could think of. It still would not run at 400mhz. So I went out and bought some Kingston dual channel ram. Same thing...fine at 333, not at 400. Tried different configurations also. Now Im confused, and wondering if it's the motherboard and not the memory. Any suggestions, ideas?

Drop your processor multiplier as low as you can and try 400 again. And processor specs would help too.

Tried giving 2.8 to the ram...vdd was already 1.6. Still get lock ups. Tried adjusting the timings also...no change.

I up'd the vdd to 1.7...memtest passes without any errors, but prime95 still freezes, damn thing.

I tried 1.9 vcore, which is actually a bit less. Still get the lockup. Wouldnt be wise to go higher?

That depends. What are your temps like?

I'm running 2v (in bios), 1.95v acually w/ load temp of 44c.

Most people say that as long as your temps are below 50c, then your fine. But DEF. watch temps if you increase vcore more.

I second that.........you may need a bios update. when I was using stock bios 10. I couldn't run the thing with cpu interface enabled prime95 stable at all. Updated to equitos d21 and everything is fine. Infact my vcore went down 1.77 to 1.75, not much but every little bit counts.

Peace,

BalliN

Remember to be very carful when updating your BIOS. On ABIT's site it is extremely easy to get confused as to which board revision a particular BIOS is made for. A Rev 1.0 BIOS will NOT work on a Rev 2.0 board, and vice versa. If you use the wrong BIOS, your board will be dead.

Im actually using equito's 22 bios. And my temps hover right around 49-50 under full load. I just got my new video card, radeon 9800pro and was playing the far cry demo. It froze up when I was at 3200 speeds, but was fine at 2500, so its not very stable at all. Man this is frustrating...everyone else and their brother seems to get to 3200 speeds easily. I'll just keep messing with it.

Back