• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVRAM Post Delay on P4P800-DLX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Canadian_4_Evr

Registered
Hey guys, havin a lot of trouble with computer right now... just recently the computer has started freezing for a good 5 minutes or so in the post stage when it says "Checking NVRAM" I've reverted to default settings, changed the ram sticks around, used different slots, cleared the cmos a few times and updated the bios to 1015 but nothing seems to be working... Asus is bein a pain in the *** and hasn't replied to any of the e-mails i keep sendin em... is there an option in the bios that can make the bios skip this step??? I've tried changing the quick boot option but that doesn't seem to do anything... thats pretty much all i see that might have something to do with this problem. Anyone else havin these problems or is it just me??

i saw another post just like this one but not sure what he did to fix it or if he even got it fixed.if you search the threads you might be able to find it.mine checks for nvram but it says checking nvram for like 2-3 seconds.im still using the 1014 version

Ya mine used to be like that too, but somehow something got messed up and now its doin this... its a huge pain... i boot into windows 10x as fast as the post process

I have a P4P8X mobo and I have this same problem. It worked great up untill about 3 days ago (I have had the board about a year). Now I get up to the Checking NVRAM and the system hangs for about 2 or 3 minutes. AFter it gets past that it is back to the normal speed. Anyone find a fix yet.

If anyone comes up with this problem I may have found the fix, at least what worked for me. The problem seems to be that the computer was checking the USB slots for something to either boot off or jsut detecting them. After unplugging everything i found that a printer (Lexmark)that i had in one of my USB ports was causing the hangup. This came about after a bios flash so I assume that one of the settings in the bios is causeing the bios to search hte usb slots.

Back