• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-D random rebooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbud

P4C800-D random shutdowns

Alright, I just jumped off the Abit wagon, buried my IC7-G and Max3. Just got this P4C800-D, set it to the exact same O/C setting that I had with my Abit board. I'm aware the the voltage fluctuation with the core. Would this issue cause a system to shutdown when under load (Prime95)? My system is completely stable but when launching Prime, it'll shut down after about ten minutes. Any ideas as to what's causing the shutdown? My mem timings are at 2.5-3-4-7/8 at 2.8v using 5:4 ratio. Can't think of why it's shutting down. I haven't read any reviews or threads that mention this. So if anyone has any input... speak ur mind :) Thanks.

Last edited:
i have question about you h2o ? sorry for the off topic . is that a custom h2o? and is it loud ? i think i want 1 for lower noise but some forums say it just a trade for diff. noise. i currently have 8 80mm fans

Custom?...I would never let anybody put anything computer related together for me :) Anyhow, I've got 5 80mm, and 4 120mm fans, they're all downvolted though. It's not as whiney as say the noise much like my air rig way back if I can remember that long back :) But I'm watercooling for performance, not a noise reduction.

You thread hi-jacker... hah... j/k

With motherboard temps at around 28c, idle would hang at 29-30c, load with Prime and Folding at the same time at around 32-33c and yes my gpu is also in the loop.

Last edited:
Back