• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

only 168 out of pc3200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusgizmo

Disabled
i have a 512mb stick of pc3200 ram and i cant get it over 168 without serious memtest errors. can anyone help me out, id like to hit 200 like it was advertised.

also, im thinking about just selling the pc3200 to someone and getting 2x256 pc4500, is this doable on ~120 dollars or so? and even if not, what would be a good buy for this type of ram?

how do i identify the chips on the stick? would be helpful.

the ram is running at 2.8 volts, with these timings (on an a7n8x) 7, 3, 3, 2.5

gusgizmo said:
how do i identify the chips on the stick? would be helpful.

the ram is running at 2.8 volts, with these timings (on an a7n8x) 7, 3, 3, 2.5

You read off, or quote here, what it says on the chip itself. Then, using that, you can, or others will for you :), identify (hopefully) what chips are on it. If there's heatspreader covering it, then it gets harder to find out.

be like me and pry it off hoping you dont kill it. I have never killed a ram stick by removing the heat spreader, and only have killed one (out of 5) CPU by removing the IHS.

its been more than a year since my dad got it. i just got my hands on it. ill be back in a bit with the information on the chips. btw i dropped the timings to 5-2-2-2, running a bit better now.

Back