• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems running 2x512MB in Abit NF7-S v2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vrobec

Registered
I'm switched from 2x256MB, to 2x512MB (Kingston HyperX PC3000 Winbond BH-5).
I can't run in DC, even in SC these sticks, tried various setting and voltages, slots.
I think there are compatibilty problems, between double sided DDR's and nForce2 chipset.
My Twinmos CH-5 2x256 sticks work perfectly in DC 11-3-2 CAS2.0 at 220MHz, 2.75V.
Has someone succes running 2x512MB sticks on Abit NF7-S, or any other board with nForce2 chipset?

Have you tested the sticks seperately in all three slots? Have you tested the sticks in another mainboard? How far is it booting until it freezes? What BIOS is your mainboard using? Maybe try clearing the CMOS, and see if that helps. Then set the RAM timings to 2-2-2-6 and like 2.6 VDimm and see if that works

I, like you, went from 2 x 256 to 2 x 512 (both sets were HyperX 3200 BH5). In my case, it was just plug and play.

2.75 does not work with my CH5. For some reason my CH5 only like 2.6

2.7 locks up consistantly. However my NF7 isnt working right either :(

Back