• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

soltek 75miv2-L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You get what you pay for.

I Googled SL-75MIV2-L and all I got was foreign hits, notihng at motherboards.org or tomshardware and unable to find a tech review and no user reviews at newegg either.

Schnurrp, without going into a lot of detail, I think I'd pass on that one for $70. bucks because for another $30-$40. bucks you can get a good OC'ing MB. http://www.motherboards.org/rank/AMD/total/motherboard-rank.html

Look at the upside-down triangle at the top of the columns and click them and you'll see how each board ranks in that category. There are so many good MB's out there it's a dfficult decision to make and I commend you for doing your research before you buy. Take this OldBird's advice and do it right the first time and you'll be good to go. ;) If money is an issue you might look at the ABIT NF7-S with lots of available tech reviews and user reviews at newegg. Go read the newegg user reviews and see exactly what the folks that threw down hard earned cash think and how they are OC'ing.

Thanks for the advice, huneycutt and the interesting link. I know what you're saying and I may be approaching this backward but I have a space that I want to put this computer in that has one dimension of only 9.5" and the other not much more. No nvidia mb that I've seen is smaller than 9.6"x9.6". There are some km400 mbs that are small enough and the Soltek is one of them.
I want the option to over-clock and the Soltek has a full compliment of bios controls. I also thought I read something on some site that Soltek makes a good board for over-clocking. That's what I was hoping to get some feed-back on.

I read you five by five schnurrp. Say, . . . just for kicks, go take a look at the Maxtop case for $25. bucks at newegg, second one from the top.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...ctory=1524&catalog=7&DEPA=0&sortby=14&order=1

Doesn't have a PSU but you could swap yours out and the top blow hole is impressive and it comes with two fans. Granted, it's not top of the line but looks like a good entry level case and that way you could get the big MoBo you want.

While I have you on the horn let me run this by you;
I ordered the ABIT NF7 for $79.99 from newegg which is same as the NF7-S *except* on-board sound isn't as good and no SATA-RAID which I don't need. Have my own Hercules-Fortisimo II sound card so good to go for tunes. Folks say the NF7 rocks and for about $105. total (plus shipping for the case) you'd be hooked up ready to rock with a good board you know is a good OC'er.
Click Reviews and see what 41 people have to say.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...tory=1283&catalog=22&DEPA=0&sortby=14&order=1

I know what you're saying about space, but rather than compromise and get something that might not meet your expectations you may want to think about sitting that puppy on the floor or where there is sufficent space. Careful putting it in a small, closed-in space because could cause overheating.

I also would buy the nf7 if I was in the market for a full-sized mb at this time. I am looking to put it in my generic compusa case some day that now has a biostar sis bd & 1700 tbred B processor and does everything I want it to do (I'm obviously not into gaming). I just can't get my sff project off my mind. I am also considering a Matsonic board http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-184-009&catalog=22&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0
that I know even less about. Have you heard anything on Matsonic in general? This board comes with the controls necessary to overclock but other than that who knows?

We can beat this thing to death and I've shared about all the info I have at my disposal and never heard of Matsoinc.

Soltek definately has two thumbs up IMO.

I first used one of their earlier Nforce2 boards in a friend's PC, and was so impressed, I got one for myself (ended up being a better revision too!).

I've used three different models of Soltek's Nforce2 boards (unfortunately NOT the one you mentioned), even one with the IGP (integrated graphics). I'm equally impressed with all three, so as a brand, I can definately give Soltek a recommendation.

OTOH, I know little about the board you are considering for purchase. What I can tell you, is that the BIOS's for these boards are based highly on Nvidia's reference BIOS, which includes a suite of overclocking options. In the three Soltek boards I have experience with, the BIOS options have not differed from Nvidia's reference design, which leads me to believe the board in question, has all the overclocking features you are looking for.

Try loading the online manual for the said board, a lot of times it explains the BIOS in detail, in which you would look for the options you need.

Why noone recommends the Soltek boards are beyond me. I don't see very many boards mentioned besides the typical Asus and Abit varaties, but rest assured, there is quality and value present in other brands as well.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response, adelphia83. I bought the Matsonic board but it will be a while before I install it. I did download the manual previously and now have it in hand and not specific about oc parameters. Was depending on few Newegg reviews and fact that this board appears to be popular (is often out of stock although Newegg might be buying one at a time for resale). Don't know of another flexatx board for socket a that even hints at oc ability. Interesting about the bios. Thanks again.

Back