• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S vs. AN7?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tazon

judging from the abit page, the only difference between these two is the model of the nforce2 chipset. is there more to it?

emilio

The both have the same chipsets.

The AN7 has uGuru a harwdware chip, that allows o/cing within windows.

Other than that they are pratically twins.

there's a review on the main page...but it basically says stick with the nf-7s til uguru is straightened out..

The AN-7 is not worth the extra loot. There are plenty of Free utilities that allow u to change exerything EXCEPT the voltage to oc on the nForce2 boards. I personally use the ClockGen utility from nVidia (I'm guessing, I can't remember who I got it from). That combined with the AbitEQ and u can oc and monitor your little heart out.

I like where the ide slots on the an7..... I think they would be easier for cable managment :D

I like the AN7. My primary reasons for choosing it over NF7-S are the location of the IDE ports. They are very cleverly located and make a clean case.

But, most importantly, I like the digital error code display. I even had to use it once when my system stopped booting. Rather than annoying beep codes, it has a display that shows you numbers of where it is in the boot process, so you know what's failing. Very nice.

OC ain't bad either with AN7.

Hmmm... Taking away the buggy Guru, AN7 seems to be a lil bit more 'polished'. Things tend to be more convenient...

The only thing that bugs me is a missing COM2 port - yeah, I know that COMs are obsolete, but I do have a USR Courier and COM IrDA adapter, and don't want to throw any of them away...

Overall, it seems that there's no reason to upgrade from NF7 to AN7. But if you're considering a purchase - AN7 is preferable... Who knows, maybe Abit guys will rewrite the uGuru/BIOS and make it work as supposed?

...........i went with AN7 and i think it is better also 2.2 or 2.3 VDIMM ill check

I'd suggest the DFI Lanparty NF II Ultra B, but I know I'll get flamed. IMHO the AN7 is not worth the extra cash compared to an original NF7-S, but the newer ones don't o/c well at all so I'd suggest the AN7 if that's the case.

Back