• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System setup when you change Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

siDDis

Last time I changed from Asus s533 to Abit BH 7 I had to reinstall windows. Now Im changing from Abit BH 7 to Asus P4C800.

Since its still intel chipset do I have to reinstall windows to get it to work. I would really appriciate to not being forced to reinstall again since it takes SO MUCH time getting all the software registry entries to run again.

To get it to work properly you have to reinstall windows.

If not, when all the complications start to appear, the re-install would've been worth it. ;)

If running windows XP/W2K, you might be able to get away with deleting all drivers and hardware (double check reg. to make sure all reg files have been deleted also) that has to do with the Abit board right before you install the Asus board. That way when you fire it back up, windows wont have to deal with any driver conflict issues...hopefully...this is not 100%, but does work most of the times for me.

as far as I know Ive not installed any drivers for my abit board.

Ive installed som intel 'fixes' though

Back