• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hightop

I have 2x256 of corsair 3200LLPT - I recently purchased 2x512 of the same memory and I can't get my system to work. I also have 2x512 Kingston hyper-X KVR3200 and they would work either.

The 2x256 work great with 2226 timing and when I put in the others Nothing....... Ideas??

AMD 3200+
MB- Asus a7n8x deluxe
VC - 5700ultra 128mb
HD - Maxtor 120gig
Antec case

Last edited:
hightop u mean u tried using 4x256? as what i have read, having ur memory slots full stresses ur memory controllers which can cause system instability :D

No just tried the different sets of memory the 2x256 is working great.

the 2x512 Kingston or corsair both fail to work. Not sure why!

Did you change the timings on the RAM before you put the new stuff in? The new stuff probably isnt BH5 chips, unlike your 2 x 256 3200LL. BH5 chips are the only chips on the market that are able to run 2-2-2-6 timings stabily in Windows. Try going into the BIOS, lower the timings (something like 2-2-3-6 should work), and then swap your 2 x 256 for the 2 x 512. Try and see if that works.

How can I tell what chips I have?

the 2x512 are corsair "twin CMX512-3200llpt

the other 2x512 is kingston hyper X kvr3200 and is not the cheap model....

I have tried both sets and they will not work...... But

My 2x256 corsair "Twin CMX256-3200llpt work just fine at 2-2-2-6 timing settings.

The only way to check the chips on RAM is to remove the heatspreader (which the COrsair should have but the Kingston shouldnt). If RAM is able to run at 2-2-2-X timings, it is BH5. If it cant run 2-2-2-X timings, then it isnt BH5.

Like I said before, try turning down the timings, and then installing the new RAM.

yes u have to use different timings on different ram :) if u change ram, check ur ram's suggested timings...

autodect usually puts it a relax timings, better to set it manually.. goto the ram's site and get their suggested cas timings :D

Back