• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDizzle

On Saturday I ordered a NF7-S from newegg, it hasn't arrived yet, but is currently being shipped and will be here on Thursday(estimated). Before ordering I was in major conflict about getting either the NF7-S and the DFI Ultra Infinity. Now I wish I could go back and get the DFI instead. Do you think the 15% restocking fee to return the Abit and get the DFI is worth it? If you were me what would you do? Is there a way I can get around the restocking fee?

Get the dfi ultra infinity if you want to hit high fsb speeds out of the box. I also ordered the abit nf7s and rma'd it before it arrived to get the dfi instead. You can call the customer service department and try to get them to waive the restocking fee.

Even if you can't waive the fee, you'll spend alot more time than it's worth trying to mod the nf7-s just to reach what the dfi board does stock.

I'm running at 240x10 right now and maybe 250x10 in a few days.

So did you RMA it before it arrived or before it was shipped? Mine is in step 5 of shipping.

I would look into it deeper before you return your abit. There are some issues with this mobo. Cold boot problems, wd hard drive issues, OS installation issues and a few others too.

I rma'd before it arrived. I payed the restocking fee. I should have researched a little more before ordering the abit but life goes on.

There are issues with every motherboard obyz. Two issues you mentioned for the dfi are solved with a single bios setting.

I tried to RMA before it got here but the lady on the phone wouldn't let me. She said I had to wait for it to arrive then send it back. So if it gets here I might as well test it out before I send it back. If I don't open it do you think they will waive the restocking fee?

I don't know about newegg's policies, but here's what I think about it....

I would only get the infinity if you have ram that clocks high. As far as I can tell the abit is a little more efficent per clock, so unless you're running high fsb there's no reason to put extra effort and money into getting the dfi.

Back