• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how to get those crazy fsb with Hynix bt-d43 chip?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ultimasailing

Registered
i got kingstons valueram pc3200 2x256,, hynix bt-d43
my mb asus a7n8x deluxe rev1.0 bios 1002, amd 2600+ 333 mhz
i lower multi to 7.5, up fsb, to test for fsb of memory, and i can only get hynix bd-d43 to 205 mhz only. Since memory is rated at 200, i would think that is a terrible fsb.
my vcore is1.700v, ddr at 2.8v which is the max for my board, agp at1.5 v, i dont think that this board has vdimm adjustments.
what do you guys do to get those crazy fsb up to 250?? or more??
can i change something to make it happen??
b/c if i can not get the fsb up, i might have to return these memory
(my corsair xms 2700 can get up to 205 stable)
can anyone offer any suggestion? Thanks.
Edit: i run the hynix bt-d43 at optimal setting

What timings are your running on those sticks? You are not going to get very far using anything but the loosest timings with the BT-D43 chips. If you're not already, try running 3-4-4-8 and see how far you get.

ultima...even though it has a FSB option up to 250 doesn't mean the northbridge will be able to handle that. If you can't go really high with it...pump a little more juice to your chipset then try it again...loosen the timings if needed to get it to tweak a little more

so far, running 3-4-4-8 as Toaster Oven suggest, but only stable up to 205, i set it to 210 and ntoskrnl.exe is missing, and i cant boot into windows.
how do i increase voltage into the chipset, i dont think my asus a7n8x deluxe has that adjustment, all i have control over is cpu vcore, ddr voltage, agp voltage
by the way, running this memory at 3-4-4-8 and i ran sandra memory banthwith, it is slower than pc3200 cl2.5, so that latency really means something.
this is getting frustrating, its like you can look , but you can not touch.
thanks people, please keep suggesting coming

Well I know this may be a little late now but you should be running BT-D43 chips only if you're looking to run your memory at high FSB speeds using a 1:1 ratio. Which basically means they can rock on Intel systems but they'll suck donkey nutz on AMD systems. You only see the true benefit if you're running above the speeds at which you can use low latency stuff such as sticks using BH-5 or BH-6 chips.

Oh and I should add that at 3-4-4-8 timings, it is definitely not the memory that's holding you back at 205FSB. I have tested 10 of these sticks thus far and they will all do 272 @ 2.8 VDIMM in single channel mode and 250 @ 2.8 in dual channel mode without breaking a sweat. Unless you got a dud set of sticks which fail Memtest, they most likely aren't the source of your problem.

Edit - It slipped my mind initially that you were on an AMD system. Try running 3-4-4-11 if that's possible and see how it goes.

it does not boot into windows at 210mhz even at 3-4-4-11
i have so far check 2 sticks of 256 of bt-d43
i have 2 more, of bt-d43 but i bought them from Bestbuy, so i dont know if i should open these 2 untested sticks and check them out
i dont think kingston valueram pc 3200 have bh5 or bh6 chips on them, i check out a bunch of bb, cc, officemax...
maybe pc2700 kingston would have them.
Toaster oven, do you have any experience with Mosel chip? Speedmechanic and flapperhead said they are used in Twinmos memory

its probably the Asus motherboard they are knowen not to like high FSB

to boot into windows with that file missing go back to stock speeds i done that and it booted just fine :) i think its because the motherboard cant handle that much fsb so it makes errors and tells u that files missing

also pump some more voltage in that chipset

also try testing each stick seperately, the only thing i can think of is you have a bad stick or there is some issue with the mb or bios,or thats as fast as the proc will go, cause like toaster, i havent found a stick of that stuff that wont run minimum 250

That board isn't known to do really that well when it comes to fsb speeds. Although it may be a bad ram stick or two you might consider it is the board. Don't forget to up the vdimm if you haven't tried already.

flapperhead, i have tested them single stick, and dual stick together, but no luck over 205. Is it because i have amd board?
steven4563 how do i pump some more voltage in that chipset on my asus a7n8x deluxe?? i can only raise vcore up to 1.85v , ddr voltage up to 2.8v, agp voltage
would this be a good way to test the limit of my cpu? by lower fsb and raise multi?
Thank you everyone, keep suggestions coming. Tis is very educational.

im not well versed in the amd products but u also have to make sure the cpu is capable of the speed u want to go. if it is, then i suspect its a bios prob. maybe one of the gurus in the amd mb section can shed some light...

I had an A7N8X motherboard and i think that is your problem , A7N8X rev 1.x doesn't even officially support 200Mhz bus. You can visit http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/ i think only 30% of people with revision 1.x are getting 200Mhz, you are lucky to reach 205.

try using a divider on the memory and see if you can raise the fsb higher then 205. If you can then its probably the ram. If you cant then its either the mobo or cpu or you may have a problem with the pci/agp bus running too fast if the they arent locked.

It's the board... dividers won't help if the board can't handle more than 205, which isn't uncommon at all for A7N8X rev1's. The only nForce2 board that would go well with d43 would be a DFI infinity. Otherwise you need tight and low with AMD's.

on the box of mb, they said they would support up to ddr400 ram, but indeed it is 333mhz fsb mb, would a bios flash raise it to 400 mhz fsb?
i tried the divider, at 83% and 80% so that ram fsb would be less than cpu fsb, but it wont boot into windows
this mb has nvidia chipset, agp should be locked by default, but to be sure, i did lock the acp bus at 66 mhz, but that did not help raising the fsb
someone suggest pumping voltage into the northbridge chipset, may be through the agp voltage, is this true?
thanks forum, great stuff i have learned so far.

As you say revision 1.x support only 333 FSB , but 400DDR memory, we know there is no point running memory asincronous with FSB.
I suggest to flash to the latest bios, it give support to 200Mhz FSB, then see what happen. But i think that is pretty dificult achieve higher FSBs than 200.
About the northbrige there is no way to control its voltage by bios or software, there is some chipset voltage settings on the bios but they don't work, there is a lot of people that has tried hardware voltmoddings to raise that voltage.

I have the same memory and found that my board would not run using a CAS of 3. Try 2.5-4-4-11. With these timings I have been able to get 230 MHz Memtest stable with only 2.7 volts on the memory. I am using an Abit NF7-S Rev 1.2 by the way.

Back