• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1015 bios updated ! now crashes!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vkvenom

i updated my bios to 1015 and now have random crashes with all the same settings!

Any one else with the same prob?

Works fine for me too! Are you SURE there isn't some setting that seems unimportant that's still changed? Or did you install or update anything else you forgot about?

i also had problems with this bios, in memtest i get errors in the first test so i flashed back to P4CED14.ROM and memtest ran for 3hrs error free.

CR@P! didnt know you have to return the setting to default could that be the prob ? should i set to default and flash again?

vkvenom said:
CR@P! didnt know you have to return the setting to default could that be the prob ? should i set to default and flash again?

flash ur bios, then set them to default settings then try booting... if it works, then u can slowly oc and continue testing until u get ur old settings back :D

flashed back to 1014 and the prob is fixed !

dont know what it was had all the same settings!

invisible hand said:
Did you return your settings to default before flashing with the new bios?

......flashing when overclocked or not at default is just a dumb move. If you read bios flashing threads you will see all the people who lost there bios chips that way............

I'm gettin random shutdowns too after flashing the new bios.... I'll try to revert back to 1014, see what happens.

BBThumper said:

......flashing when overclocked or not at default is just a dumb move. If you read bios flashing threads you will see all the people who lost there bios chips that way............

I disagree... I flashed my bios from 1010-1015 overclocked or not, got no problems, so i guess it wasnt a dumb move... :D

ciku

.......just because it worked for you doesn't mean its good advice for everyone. I suggest stuff like this because of all the dead mobos I see and its the proper way to flash. It's our responsibility to show the newcomers the right way not what we think is the right way.......By the way, the "dumb move" comment was not directed to you and I didn't mean to offend you :) ..........

BBThumper, just because it didnt worked for you doesn't mean its NOT a good advice for everyone... there are a lot of people having problems flashing with dos too. I guess its a matter of personal preference... and yes I know it wasnt directed to me, im just voicing out, its not only me that had success using liveupdate.

Back