• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kingston HyperX KHX3200/512 BH5?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaShine

Well, bad news came in today and they couldnt secure a stick of Corsair XMS3500C2, so im looking for a substitute.

I know that Kingston have run out of BH-5, but there's still the KHX3200/512 floating around in Monarch computers:

http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=140940

It's rated for 2-2-2-6-1 so it sounds like BH-5, but i cant be sure.

I have a friend's friend, who my friend assures me is 100% reliable in New Jersy. But we cant order from Newegg because we dont only have international credit cards and paypal. If anyone can find me a stick of Corsair XMS3500C2 512MB at a respectable seller, i would be more than happy to buy it from them.

It should be BH-5. MonarchComputer is a very reliable reseller, so they should be shipping what they list, and as listed that is Kingston memory with BH-5 chips. ZipZoomFly also has it for the same price.

You might consider getting Winbond BH-6 memory as well. It's the same price ($135 @ Monarch) as the Kingston BH-5. They both will perform on-par with one another, mindless of the 6ns rating given to BH-6.

I don't know where Newegg gets them, but yesterday they had 256 and 512 MB XMS3500 in stock. They get them in periodically.

I think the 512 was $144. In their heydey, they ran as high as $240, close to what the Mushkin Level II sell for now :p.

The XMS3500 is the best BH-5 you can get, vintage 2002 from the original Winbond production run.

The problem is that NewEgg.com only accepts American credit cards. All the cards i have are based in Hong Kong. It wont work :(

The reason why i chose Monarch is because they have PayPal

Speed_Mechanic2 said:
You might consider getting Winbond BH-6 memory as well. It's the same price ($135 @ Monarch) as the Kingston BH-5. They both will perform on-par with one another, mindless of the 6ns rating given to BH-6.

It's only a US$5 difference and from what i hear on the contary, BH-6 dosnt go as far as BH-5 with speed and timings without some serious voltage.

Just a note NovaShine,
everyone worldwide can subscribe for a Paypal account using a Credit card, take a look on the Paypal website for more Info's.

Adriano ;)

well from other posts on this site, the khx3200/512 ("non A" model) with 2-2-2-6-1 timing is supposed to be bh-5. so i went ahead and ordered two 512mb sticks... wish me luck :)

edit:
btw, memory4less also has the "A model" (KVX3200A/512) listed as well with the 2-3-2-6-1 timing for $128.10. so i'm really hoping i get the bh-5 sticks as described.

Last edited:
i guess it was too good to be true...
i called memory4less to confirm my order and they said the kvx3200/512 has been discontinued... he told me about the kvx3200A model, but that's not what i'm looking for... so i canceled that order...

edit:
i just called monarch computer and they too said it was discontinued... however, they do have a few left in their warehouse... so i ordered a gig from them for $286.80/shipped.

Last edited:
KHX3200/512 from ZipZoomFly

khx3200-512nohs.jpg

Newegg has kingston hyperx pc 2700 and pc3000 memory with
2-2-2-5-1 and 2-2-2-6-1 timings respectively. Model numbers are
KHX2700/512 and KHX3000/512. They have these instock. I know the pc-3200 has an 'a' in the model number if it's ch-5, and these are good timings, are these bh-5? What do you guys think?

NovaShine said:

It's only a US$5 difference and from what i hear on the contary, BH-6 dosnt go as far as BH-5 with speed and timings without some serious voltage.

There's been accounts that have gone both ways. Some swear that BH-6 is a better performer, and vice versa. But usually performance, with 2.8V+, should be similar. There's going to be bad cases whether you get BH-5 or BH-6.

kpiciulo said:
Newegg has kingston hyperx pc 2700 and pc3000 memory with
2-2-2-5-1 and 2-2-2-6-1 timings respectively. Model numbers are
KHX2700/512 and KHX3000/512. They have these instock. I know the pc-3200 has an 'a' in the model number if it's ch-5, and these are good timings, are these bh-5? What do you guys think?

The KHX3000 should have Winbond BH-5 chips. The KHX2700 wouldn't.

Back