• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ and SATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What crap. Too bad EPOX has gone to crap lately. I traded up from ABIT back when the 8K3A+ came out but now I'm heading back to ABIT. EPOX lost me with this board. How are they to make a board to compete with the NF7's without SATA, without RAID, and even without soundstorm? Ok ok, it's as good as soundstorm but it's still NOT soundstorm. Sorry EPOX, you have lost me until you make the perfect motherboard, which will never happen.

Thanks for that reply, too bad about the SATA...

not quite, Asus a7n8x-x doesn't have sata, Shuttle an35n ultra doesn't have sata, and several others. Epox's 8rda3+ has sata onboard.

I have an 8RDA+ Rev. 2.0 board, and couldn't be happier with it. Even without onboard SATA, it still rocks. The onboard sound is great and don't forget, nForce2 boards lock the AGP and PCI busses. I also am going to go with a Sata RAID array, so I ordered the 8RDA3+ from Newegg.
I agree that Epox was a step behind in SATA, but I was willing to wait if it meant getting the quality I have come to expect from Epox.
Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with the NF7-s series boards either. They are known to be great overclockers, and are also of the highest quality. I have a ver. 1.1 in one of my daughters rigs.

Back