• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AI7 + Audigy2 ZS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arch

Is anyone running this combo? I'm currently using the onboard sound and I'm growing tired of the pops and clicks I get in certain games. Its quite annoying.

Also, I had a Live 5.1! installed, but for whatever reason it didn't function properly under games using EAX or EAX2. Elite Force 2 and the Far Cry demo for example. I wish Creative would update the drivers for it but I'm pretty sure thats the problem.

In any case, I'm considering purchasing an Audigy2 ZS to replace both of them and just be done with this problem once and for all. Anyone have any comments?

I don't have an Abit AI7 and I've not used the onboard sound but I had a SB Live 5.1 Live before and I'll say that the software for the Audigy 2 is MUCH better. The drivers integrate with the system much better and so are the controls.

I don't think you'll be disappointed and the upgrade is worth it.

-Bobby

I went ahead and picked on up. I was initially going to pick it up from Newegg, but as it turns out CompUsa had it on sale for $70 after instant savings and a $20 rebate. Pretty good deal I thought.

The sound quality is much improved over the onboard sound.

Heh. Forgot to mention that sound quality was also much better :D.

Congrats on the upgrade!

-Bobby

i was growing tired of the clicks and pops of the on board sound on my IS7
as well. my mic was unusable. i had to change drivers every time i switched
between UT2k3 and NASCAR racing season 2003 to avoid spontaneous reboots :eek:.

i got a Audigy2 ZS and have had no problems (knocks on wood) with it :).
it sounds great and no more unwanted reboots in games.

you disabled the on board sound in BIOS right?

rich

Yah, i disabled the onboard sound, no need to leave it on. The optical out was a nice touch, but the lack of a gameport and the clicking sound is way annoying. The Audigy2 sounds much much better.

Back