• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ocz pc4000 gold memtest errors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

$anch3z

need some advice. i just got some ocz pc4000 and have it at 512 mhz but kept crashing out of ut2k3 so i ran memtest 86 and seems i got eroors in my ram test 5 showed 30 errors ....what i need to know is can i rma this with these results?? thanks in advance:D

technically unless it fails at 250=ddr500 they dont have to rma. but u paid big bux for the gold, and im sure they would be willing to exchage it for u.

Are you sure your cpu can go that fast? OCZ doesn't need to RMA your ram if it runs at rated speed.

What timings and voltages are you using?

$anch3z, can you give me information on your CPU voltage, your VDIMM setting and VAGP setting, as mrspec3 has said, it may be your CPU not liking the settings, as test 5 is not always indicative of bad memory.

Also, disable USB Legacy when you run Memtest86 if it hasn't been disabled.

If you need further help never hesitate to contact [email protected].

ok my cpu will handle the mhz np its been as far as 260 mhz @ stock voltage but my last sticks of ram would'nt do it on a 1:1 ratio (KHXPC3700) even on the slackest timings
so i had them on a 5:4 divider with no problems at the same fsb as i have now....so its not my cpu which is still at stock voltage btw fluctuates between 1.525 idle and 1.47 load

vdimm is at max for the board without volt modding 2.85v current timings for the OCZ ram 2.5-4-4-7

will try slacker timings as there seems to be some confusion about 7 or 8 also will try usb legacy and one stick of ram at a time then report back

once again i gotta say i had no trouble before with my rig (same as the sig:D ) i only wanted more bandwidth:rolleyes:

Back