• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7-S 2.0 and ECC RAM?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thanks for the quick response :)

another question,

i hear the the ECC feature will make it slower, i don't believe the board supports ECC, so it will just not use the ECC feature apparently, will it still be slower even though the ECC is not being used?

okay.the first nf7-s i ordered worked for a few minutes (sort of). Gave me long continuous beeps, and then a jumper that was integrated into the board fell off and it died. I RMAed it, just got new one back, hooked it all up, and again i'm getting long continuous beeps. (long looping beeps = dram problem, according to sticky'd guide) From the research i've done, i keep hearing that i can run ECC ram on my non-ECC nf7-s, yet the RAM seems to be what's giving me the problem. again, this is the ram i bought.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...145-476&catalog=147&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

HELP!! :(

Try testing it out with any random stick of non-ECC memory if you can, that would surely tell you if its the ram.

i had another stick a few days ago (i sold it) which was non-ecc, and i had tried it on the first board. The board gave one beep w/it in, and then a circuit thingy fell off and the board died.

Back