• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bluescreen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

painterh

Registered
Hello; I am new to these forums so please bear with me. I am running a home built box with an Asus a7a266 Rev1.10 motherboard using beta bios 1013 from Asus site. I have a manually unlocked Palomino 1700+ running at 1702 mghtz, (11.5 x 148fsb). It runs stable with the maximum vcore available in bios of 1.85. My temps run from 49C on idle to 56C load. If I go higher than 1722 meghtz (11.5x150) I get a blue screen stop and memory dump and subsequent restart. Anyone have any ideas why this behavior? Also, Does anyone know if an XP2400 mobile cpu(Barton core @266) will work in this setup?

Since the A7A266 doesn't have a AGP/PCI lock...odds are when you go higher then 150FSB the PCI Mhz is too out of spec for your hard drive to handle, which in turn gives you the BS when you OC too much.

RE:

Would I have any better results keeping the multi higher? The few timew I tried it seems I hit a wall just over 1700 mghtz.

i dont know how much spare cash youve got, but you would be better off getting a new cpu, the pally's are far from the best ocer's

if you could get a 17/1800 tbred b, you might be able to get up to 166/167 fsb and kick in the 5:2:1 divider, which would bring your pci and agp clocks back into line, failing that, up the multi, but i dont think your likely to get much more than the 1.7 your at now tbh

now your getting there, as long as you can get 166 fsb out of it at the voltage you can select, you should be alright, if not, try 167, because the bios will round of the system bus clcok speed, ie if you set fsb to 166, iut may only actually be 165.7, which wouldnt be enuff to pull in the 5:2:1 divider

nothing is guaranteed though dont forget, im just giving you an opinion, so if you buy one and it doesnt work, it aint my fault ;)

as of after week 43, there is no unlocked CPU's except for the mobiles...grab a 2500 mobile if you can not find a CPU under week43 ;)

Back