• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Check6

Registered
I am putting a new machine together. I am using an ASUS P4S533. I have installed all components correctly, but I do not get a read on my DVD ROM and CD-ROM. Any ideas?? Thanks

Check the jumpers on the ROMs and make sure one is set for master and the other is set to slave if they are running on the same IDE channel.

Also reseat the IDE cable and molex plug in on both ROMs

Do both of the ROMs have power when you turn on the system?

You can easily check by turning on the system and seeing if any lights come on or if the drive bays open...

Is the red wire on the IDE cable closest to the power connector on both of the drives?

Yes the red wire is the closest to power connector on both drives. I just tried two other ROM's on this board - and the same thing happened again. No read on either device.

check bios settings, make sure primary and secondary ide controllers are enabled or auto and not disabled :D

Bios settings are on auto for both controllers. Bios recognizes the HD, which is also on AUTO, but not the ROM's.

are the roms on primary ide or secondary? do u see ur cd-roms detected on the post terminal screen?

The ROMs are on the SEcondary. On the POST, the Secondary is detected.

Back