• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7S333 Overclocking Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dylruss

This thread is not meant to bash what crappy board I have, I am asking a question due to curiosity.

What I have:

A7S333
2400+
512 mb Samsung 333
256 mb Corsair 333
nice aftermarket cooler
1 intel 10/100
1 GeForce 4 MX440
And other non-relevent stuff (ibm 80 gig, cd-roms, floppy, case fans and so on)

Load I get a max of 105.3 F. or about 40-41 C. while folding.

Question is this.....

Right now I am running it at 146 fsb and can't get a whole lot higher due to windows not liking the higher fsb with the pci and agp cards. What might I try to get a higher fsb if anything. And if anyone (I am not sure many do) have this board, what are you getting?

Your board stinks it won't o/c at all :D

In all fairness its not a terrible MB at all. It has a SIS chipset that supports a 1/5 divider, so any PCI issues that you are having should go away when you hit 166/167mhz on the FSB.

Is that 2400+ of yours unlocked? If so you can lower the multiplier and raise the FSB to see how things go at 166.

Let us know.

After all this time I didn't know it had a 1/5 divider. I may have to go back and look a little harder. Yeah it is a 2400+ unlocked chip.

Although the chipset supports a 1:5 divider (for example the MSI and ECS m/b's based on the same chipset have it) ASUS apparently implemented the A7S333 without it. The PCI bus is running at 42MHz when the FSB is set to 166MHz. That, plus the lack of voltage controls make it a poor OC'er. Since you have an unlocked processor, I would suggest that you set the FSB to 133Mhz and increase the multiplier to the highest it will run stable at.

a7s333 is an okay 266ddr board.

I owned one for like 2 yrs and I had it running at 140 or 280(ddr) mhz. thats about as high as it would go. There arn't any voltage controls, the sis745 chip ended up frying or just wearing out @ 280mhz. I would suggest to keep it under 280 cause that sis 745 chip is made to run 266mzh and THATS ABOUT IT! at least in the case of the a7s333 I had.

Its not a bad board though as far as boards go! you do have some decent options. For the class of mhz it is in sis745 is a solid performer. Its not the best but for the money it was a good board- but its definitely not a hardcore overclocking board.

I suppose the pci area of the board could have fried- but the post beeps i were getting indicated that the memory subsystem was fried.

Back